Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hello :)

Hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Sorry to have kept you all waiting. Now that the craziness of the Holidays are over, hopefully I will be better at keeping you in the loop. :)

We got a few baby things for Christmas. We are off to a good start. While my mom was here we found and fixed up a dresser for the nursery, as well as an old chandelier. We painted the walls in the nursery. We decided to do white on the bottom, gray on top, and we got a chair rail to put up in between the colors. Once the baby is here we will add pops of color and purchase the boy or girl bedding we have picked out.

We are 23 weeks and 2 days. I'm less than 3 weeks away from entering my third trimester. Can't believe how fast its gone! The baby is as big as an ear of corn, about 9 inches and weighing about 1.5 pounds. The baby now starts to gain about 6 ounces a week, which is around 1.5 pounds per month. Most of the weight is fat, that is being deposited under the baby's skin. Can't have a skinny baby... Bring on the chub! :) Baby J can hear more than ever, now that its ears are fully formed making baby able to hear everything from a loud sound like dog bark to, mommy taking a deep breath. He/she is moving around like crazy these days. Everyday the baby seems to get stronger and stronger. I love laying in bed in the morning for a few minutes to feel it move around. Its the best time, since my stomach is empty and its all baby. :) I am able to feel full body movements, even body parts moving across my belly.

As for me, I've got a fast growing belly! Reality is really starting to set in for Brian and I. It starts to make it more and more real as this baby (and my belly) grows and gets stronger. We are still very excited, but nervous about whats to come. We are just trying to get things organized and prepared as much as possible. We can't wait to meet our little prince or princess. :)

This Sunday, we are meeting with a potential daycare provider. She only lives a couple blocks away. She used to be a teacher until she had her twins. She then decided to stay home, teach her boys, and start a preschool/daycare of her own. She does have an opening for an infant, so I am hoping we like her and everything checks out with her home, and references. It would be really convenient to have a provider so close. We wouldn't have to find a new provider once the child started kindergarten and she does preschool!

P.S. I was going to post a video and some photos, but its not letting me. Hopefully I will get it figured out soon.